Monday, February 4, 2008

Artistic Memoirees @2008 stevens

Many people have watched me draw, and have seen the final creation and said "I wish I could draw". Well I hope, by writing this memoir, I may touch someone's life, and perhaps by seeing my art as a young man, they may come to see that the creation of art is ongoing, experience.  An experience that can be relaxing, fun and rewarding. So if you love to put pen to paper, or stylus to tablet, or just enjoy doodling , don't quit, even if  someone says you can't draw. Just relax, let you mind wander, and have fun. The only thing, is hang on to one or two of your favorites, and always put the date of the drawing. Draw for yourself, and just keep practicing, every day, if you enjoy it. The more you draw the better you will get. Just don't quit.  Save your drawings in a folder, or paste them into a book. As time passes, look back at the first one. The change will be gradual, and you may want to quit , but don't give up. Draw  the lamp, some flowers, your favorite comic book character, anything that pleases you. It's about you ,and for you. If you really enjoy it, you will find it is a wonderful gift, that you can develop, and sometime share with others.  As you can see by some of my early drawings, that I was a terrible artist.
 l have always had two constants in my life, drawing, and sickness. I drew all the time, through nosebleeds, ear aches,  asthma attacks, back trouble, arthritis  and various hospital stays.
Drawing was my solace.  In the beginning, they weren't very good drawings, particularly, but they were all mine. 

No comments: