Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Artist Memoirees ©2008 stevens


Artistic Memoires©2008
The Seventies...continuing...
OK, Ok, it's been a whle since I addressed this blog, I'm sorry.
I've been trying to keep it real,  and locate pertinent information to make it so.
That's a job in itself.
This chapter is about...Love, from the 70's
I know , I know, Love?
 Boring, time to move on...
I felt the same way, then I found a large batch of cartoons addressing love, so I said
Buck up and just write it, so, either close your eyes, or read on, I might just do the same
So here it is 
Love.
The Webster's dictionary justified my chapter with the following...in no particular order
love (luv) a noun. An intense and warm feeling for one another. To like, or desire enthusiastically, A zero score in Tennis, ,Need I say more.  
 The first ones called, "Take off your Glasses"Next is something I called "Ah Love...." 
".. and finally "Out the Window"
  
Sure they are cynical.I was depressed, and my cartoons were my therapy. It was a hard time.  Susan liked strays of all kinds, the house always had some new entity in the fold for a while.
 A new dog, cat or person was in our home, or life. someone said ,of me, that I would give you the shirt off my back, but first I'd have to draw it .  That was pretty true, below you will see an example of , just that. 
The funny part about this shirt is that I created myself, in 1971, as Young old John, white beard and all. Suzy and I had an unusual relationship, I had no where to go, we enjoyed each others company I guess, but we stayed together because where would we go. That would soon change.
To be continued,, Soon I hope, sorry about the delay.  Time passes too quickly.

No comments: