Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Artistic Memoirees © 2008 stevens

Artistic Memoirees 2008 © stevens
The 60's plus a short stop to the present, no pun  intended... or perhaps understood.  
Yeah, even I did my part as the  Red Togged , White bearded old Corpulent Gent, in 1969.
Me, own mother, din't even rec'gnize me... whatever. It's a picture  from the 60's, of me
 as the segue .
I decided to place an old black & white cartoon sketch of my cartoon artwork, juxtaposed
against some of my never before viewed private collection of pastel portraits, and paintings
to show, that yes, after 40 odd years of plugging away at drawing,  I really am an artist.
Later I'll  go back to the art of the 70's and on, as it transforms, because I have so much of it...
 Any way, here's the black & white 1967 cartoon, which , actually means something....     
 and my  sandpaperdolls©2006 , plus some paintings, done about a year ago.ish
Hope you enjoy.
                                                              
The above ladies I call my sandpaper dolls © 2006, done with pastels. Below, are partial pieces of my paintings, to display for style and content.
Here are some of my paintings, done in acrylic      
The oriental words I found in a book, the meanings seemed right, for the painting, when I created the painting. I lost the book, so , I apologize to my Oriental friends if my words, or the ability to create those words is  incorrect. I gotta find that book, I know it's here somewhere...
  
                                                        "Autumn Mermaid", above is  
                                                          is a 3- Dimensional painting

No comments: