Friday, February 8, 2008

Artistic Memoirees © 2008 stevens The 60's



The 60's..
..A cartoon rough sketch, This is how I drew in the 60's..
 
...Just a moment in time....
On July 20, 1969 , I was at the Newport Folk Festival, in Rhode Island.. 
It was hazy and damp, there were crowds about, but it wasn't  insane.
 There was a white Volkswagen Mini-Van  parked, on the grounds, 
with a 12" TV on the top of it.... with rabbit ears for reception,
A large crowd gathered around the van....
 "One small step for man..." 
 On Stage, behind us, was Janis Joplin,
belting out her song..
 I want to believe  it  was
 "Give Me Another Piece Of Your Heart"
 that  was  about 39 years ago.
It was Totally surreal

 
Above are some of my beginnings as a cartoonist so to speak. They are roughs, and such,
More to come later.. and my influences.


No comments: